An adviser’s fiduciary duty regarding selection of securities and execution of trades is complex. Many firms are lacking adequate procedures, controls and oversight when it comes to best execution obligations. Recent SEC enforcement cases and comment letters raise the issue of best execution as it relates to the selection of mutual fund share classes for client investments, including an adviser’s ongoing obligation to monitor investment selections made by third party advisers. During this webinar we will discuss:
– The SEC’s July 2016 Share Class Initiative
– Best execution – are you doing enough?
– How to select mutual fund classes – a regulatory perspective
– Why ongoing monitoring of share classes is so important
– Your obligation to oversee investment selections made by 3rd party managers
– Are your best execution policies and procedures adequate?