The SEC’s Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations (“OCIE”) recently announced its national exam priorities for 2016. This webinar will discuss OCIE’s new priorities for 2016, as well as continuing areas of focus from 2015.
New priorities for 2016 include:
• Public pension advisers – focus on political contributions, gifts and entertainment;
• Product promotion of new, complex or high risk products;
• Exchange traded funds (“ETFs”); and
• Variable annuities – suitability, supervision and adequacy of disclosure.
Continuing areas of focus carrying over from 2015 are:
• SEC’s ReTIRE (retirement sales) initiative launched in June 2015;
• An adviser’s supervision of branch offices;
• Fee selection and reverse churning; and
Our experts will provide practical guidance and tips to assist your firm in addressing these highlighted issues.